THE SPECIAL EGG
- With "typical" egg flavour
- For savoury and sweet dishes
- The yolk is significantly creamier than the hen's egg
- Perfect for baking fluffy cakes and pastries
- Contains higher nutritional values than a hen's egg
Duck eggs are generally somewhat larger than chicken eggs and are great boiled, poached, fried and in savoury or sweet dishes. The duck egg also has the "typical" egg taste. It is even heartier and tastier than a chicken egg. Duck eggs achieve fuller and richer flavours and are just as easy to use as ordinary chicken eggs.
The yolk is clearly creamier in contrast to the chicken egg. Due to its size, the duck egg contains more egg white and is therefore ideal for baking. Pastries and cakes become much fluffier. The water content in the duck egg is also lower.